You should now be getting used to my EAT series. This is the third installment. Remember that EAT stands for: Experience Aurie’s Take and you can follow the series in my tag cloud. I always try to blog about topics that promote positive influences in your life. This spoke to me and I anticipate that it can do the same for you.
I’ve been pregnant with this blog post for a couple of weeks now and I had to get it down on digital paper. My inspiration and talking points come from my pastor’s sermons/teachings. Warning: I’m getting into your faith life and your love life. Even if you don’t agree, I still want to plant this seed lovingly into your heart and share these Biblical Principles that have helped me more than you’ll ever know.
Many people believe that God’s abilities to communicate through the Bible & The Church are: obsolete, outdated, and/or irrelevant (bluntly speaking). I submit that making this kind of blanket statement is erroneous at best. The motivations for thinking this way can come from many places. Most of the objections stem from hurt feelings in the Church-going experience and for this reason many have turned away from living a truly Christian life. I have been guilty of this on more than one occasion, but I’m so glad that God didn’t turn his back on me like I did to Him. I don’t like this excuse especially since I’ve used it in the past.
“The true measure of someone’s spiritual & emotional maturity is the ability to do what is right and to heed sound advice in spite of your own charged feelings and wrong convictions.” – Aurie
I bring up the 10 Laws of Attraction as reference in the Old Testament book, Songs of Solomon, because it is one that does not get much attention. When you hear Laws of Attraction, many look to movies and society for answers not realizing that the Bible addresses this very issue w/ explicit detail and clarity.
Whenever it comes to sex in the Bible, many tend to shy away from speaking on this topic. When you become a Christian, people think that everything that is “fun” stops. Don’t be paralyzed by those preconceived notions. God always provides a way for us to experience the fullness of life’s thrills because He is the Master of All Creation. The difference is that we should enjoy these pleasures according to His Will so that His Glory can always shine in all aspects of our lives, EVEN WHEN IT COMES TO SEX! Yes I said it. Making Love sexually is a divine gift and a privilege which should not be taken lightly. If we started paying closer attention to what God has to say on matters of the heart, maybe the divorce rate wouldn’t be about 50% and climbing…maybe there would be less sexually transmitted diseases…maybe our most intimate human relationships would be more fulfilling…maybe there would be less brokenness. I’m just saying, have you given God’s way an honest attempt? Chew on these for a moment and remember that Love is not just a feeling, it’s work. It’s not what you see on TV. How strong is your love?
10 Laws of Attraction
- Your significant other will be attracted to something that you are unable to identify. The person must see past your physical appearance and get to your uniqueness. You are more than a booty call.
- You look distinct in a crowd when God chooses your mate. However, this is not an excuse to look all haggard and a “hot mess” like some of my friends say.
- Know within yourself that only their love will satisfy you…this must be the case, even against your own will and even to the point of weakness.
- You must intentionally manage your feelings. Do not force it and risk emptiness after a while.
- Intentional Patience brings balance. If your feelings are out of control, it can look like commitment, but disappointment will loom large once those feelings peaks and valleys.
- The initial feelings you get when you first get to know someone will not carry the relationship. That’s not the whole relationship, but just a part.
- Can you deal with correction in a balanced way? Constructive criticism from a loved one is one of the most difficult things to accept. Don’t be so prideful that you cannot accept wisdom. (I struggle with this)
- Don’t ignore the little aggravations. They will grow and fester into something very ugly and unmanageable later on.
- You and your mate must have your own sense of discipline. If not, you don’t have Christian Liberty. What this means is that the unconditional love that you receive and vice versa is not unlimited and not without responsibility. Don’t be reckless and expect that the well of love inside someone does not eventually run dry after you continually try them. Only God can love the longest.
- The person fits your dream (which should be God’s Dream for you). They are not perfect, but they are the perfect fit for you.
These building blocks can make your relationships into God’s Masterpieces and examples for all to see. With that said, the expression of ultimate love is best exemplified in this beautiful song by Ashmont Hill called: “Your Masterpiece.” That was intentional guys and gals. Bless up!!!